17 October, 2008

Rievaulx; Other Knitting News

I am quite excited to see that Kelly Without a Net (a brilliant blogger I follow) has now published her cowl pattern. I have been reading about on Ravelry and her blog - it's called Rievaulx, after the abbey, and it looks yummy! I especially like the version with the rolled edges.  Check it out here.  Jill, I think some of that soft pink Elann yarn you gifted me a while back is destined for this...

Other knit updates - the wrist warmers are done and are AWESOME!  I highly recommend the pattern - doing the 6x2 ribbing for the body of the mitts definitely made for a better fit.  This was an easy knit and a good way to use up 40 grams of DK wool.  Not to mention how well they are helping me resist turnign the heat on!

I'm halfway through Clue 3 (aka the heel) of the Mystery Socks, and still liking them very much.  Pictures shall follow in daylight, when the Broken Camera of Doom tends to do a better job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Thanks for the compliments! I'm fairly certain that I'm not a brilliant blogger, but I'll take a compliment like that any day!

So glad you like the cowl. Be sure to let me know when you've finished--I can't wait to see how you like it and how it knits up!

Rosie said...

Thanks for the link to the cowl, I hadn't realised that there was a gap in my wardrobe, but now... I have some lovely green Rowan felted tweed calling out to me.

Lynn said...

Broken Camera of Doom......GREAT name! LOL

AJ Reese said...

Wow, glad that yarn is getting a good start in life. I have other yarn winging your way now. And Rug will go soon --I should never have unrolled it to look at it. I should have just shipped it as-was. It's like a genie out of the bottle and I'm busy stuffing it back into another one.