01 March, 2010

Olympic Finish Line?

Emmmmm, not so much.  Lily blossomed with fever Monday morning, which resolved over the weekend into horrible strep throat and tonsillitis.  I spent my weekend snuggling her, and much of Sunday afternoon in Urgent Care since she hurt too much to eat/drink. A shot of penicillin for the strep and a dose of steroids for the tonsil inflammation, and there's light at the end of the tunnel.  Fever's come down a lot but she's still miserable and too sore to eat, so not a lot of knitting happening.

I did cast on the fronts and they are all of 2" tall so far.  I have a feeling I'll do more knitting today, though.  Congrats to any Gentle Readers out there who had Knitting Olympics goals that they met!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Awww, poor kiddo! Still, you did what any Mum worth the name would do; snuggled with the sickly one. The sweater can wait. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping over at my blogs. So sorry to hear about your daughter's illness. Do hope she gets better quickly. You can go back over to my post this morning to see my "poor" excuses :(

www.approachingglory.com

Susan

Rosie said...

Hope she'll be feeling far better soon! I didn't even attempt any Olympic knitting.