04 September, 2010

Brushing off the cobwebs. Anyone out there?

Whoa, it's been a long time, hasn't it? 

Last posting in March.  Lily ended up being really ill for 2 weeks.  David deployed again and is home now.  Life went on in the usual pathways, with some lovely highlights here and there.

Did some family history work in the summer, and discovered that we have two half-sisters.  I've been in touch with one, Kate, and that is just wonderful! She is funny, and clever, and very much a Devine :)   My [our] sister Anne was able to meet her when they were in the same area for other reasons...Really, this has been the high point in the year for me.

Summer break for kiddoes - no big trips as David couldn't take the leave.  Legoland, London a couple of times, Cambridge and Norwich days out, and a flying trip to Wales, too.   A couple of sleepovers, some days at the playground, a few movies.  It's been a truly relaxing holiday.  Kids start back to school on Monday.

Knitting mojo is back, although it took its sweet time... I started these socks in the spring sometime and they've traveled around in my bag, getting not very much attention at all until the past month.  I call them Kaffe Broadripple-Top Socks, as the wool is a Regia Kaffe Fasset colorway and the top is filched from the Broadripple sock pattern.  I'll finish them later today or tomorrow, I hope. Love the color and the way the stripes are showing up.  This is my first "fraternal" pair of stripey socks, as well.


My mojo seems to have come back in full force because of the 6 Sock September knit-along on Ravelry.  Below is the first of my six socks, in progress. The pattern is Kalajoki.  It's really a nice, smooth knit, although I have to keep track of the chart. Doesn't the wool suit the curving river of the pattern?

3 comments:

Susie J. said...

I'm here! (Did you expect otherwise? I totally stalk you.)

I love the way the colors pool in waves, like the waves in the pattern. SO perfect for each other.

Please rub off some of that knitting mojo onto me. I have a feeling I will be needing the sanity that knitting brings, over the coming months. You know what?? I think I know a way to get myself back into the knitting groove. I need to go buy some new needles. I just realized that recently when I was knitting hats for Juliet, the needles I could find (*ahem*) were all the wrong sizes, so it was too frustrating to try to make do with what I had on hand. Which is why I ended up crocheting hats instead.

I really should finish that pair of socks for my MIL, which I started over a year ago.

Alison said...

I'm here!! And those socks look great. I'm thinking that maybe - just maybe? - I recognise the yarn?!

Susie H said...

Indeed you DO recognise it! It's your Yarnscape Footsie in the Blue Pine. And doesn't it knit up puurty?!