09 January, 2008

Fibery Goodness, and a Prize for Me!

Today was my lucky day. First, a little background. I entered one of Kris' contests a few days back (she ran a week of contests in honor of her husband's birthday!), and my trivia girl mind helped me win!

So when I picked up mail today, my prize yarn awaited me, with this cute notecard and some tea (herbal, for the knitting mellow mojo). It actually arrived in my mailbox yesterday but I didn't get down to pick it up then.

Thanks, Kris - the charcoal and chocolatey tones will be great in socks. I'm picturing another pair of plain stockinette with the ripply garter top from these Broadripple socks. The ripple gives my sock a reason to stay up without the squeeze of ribbing.



Here's the yarn - isn't it cute? My camera is NOT cooperating with the poor lighting tonight...everything should be a warmer, brighter shade. The bluey-pink notebook/binder is watermelon pink, if that helps you to visualize.





But that wasn't all the luck. The laceweight and patterns that I ordered from Sonny and Shear (Kris's shop) just arrived today. The wool is Seacoast handpainted merino laceweight in the Sahara colorway. So soft. Soooo pretty.


This slightly blurry picture (no flash) shows the true colors of the skein. I want to marry this skein, just a little bit. Is that very wrong of me?

The two patterns pictured are FiberTrends designs. I'm thinking the Leaf Lace for this yarn would be a good fit. What do you think out there?

Great service from Sonny and Shear, from start to incredibly fast delivery, and the wool? The wool looks and feels amazing. I can't wait for my Addi Lace needles to arrive so I can start playing with it!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! What a great post office trip that turned out to be!!! If you knit the wool into a shawl, then it can wraps its arms around you so you can be *slightly* married to it. As long as Big D can wrap his arms around BOTH of you!!!

Susie J. said...

If D objects to your attachment to said yarn, you can send it to me. :) My hubby is never around enough to care about my strange obsession with things like that. Bwahahaha....
What a great haul!!

Toni said...

That lace weight looks fabulous! Can't wait to see how it turns out!