15 January, 2008

My Morning At Watercolour School

A report by Susie.

I started out on a grand note by ... forgetting to go! Fortunately, a phone call to me (happily picking up a birthday gift in Lynn, and planning where to head next) saved the day. I swooped home and grabbed my supplies and got there in time to dash out my color wheel. I didn't even miss the coffee break. Normally, I would have been mortified to the point of tears, but for some reason, I was very zen and cheerful about it, and even took the ribbing from the instructor with ease.

Wanna see my stick figures from today? Suuuuure, you do. This was our exercise: a little sky, some cloud, irrigation canals, a ploughed field. It was actually good fun, although I'm not thrilled with my perspective, or how heavy-handed I was with the paints in the sky, in particular.

The instructor is terrific, and I am so pleased I signed up for this course!

5 comments:

Toni said...

I think it is so great that you're doing this! I think learning new things is one of the best ways to grow as a person. I think it looks pretty good for a first day.

Susie J. said...

very nice! I've got no artistic ability in my whole body, so I'm quite happy avoiding water colors for myself. I'll just have to enjoy yours. :)

Rosie said...

what a lovely composition: it breathes "norfolk" to me. so glad that you made it!

Vyvyan said...

Where's your Happy Trees, Bob?

;)

Samantha M. Dowd said...

Hey I love your painting. It is great. Keep it up.