30 January, 2008

A Meme; No Tagging Necessary

Just out of curiosity, I had to try this meme, when Lynn posted it.

1. Go to the current book you're reading.
2. Go to Page 161.
3. Copy down the 5th sentence.

The family, rather taken aback, agreed, and then, somewhat suspiciously, asked me what I wanted.

That's from My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell. I'm reading the Corfu Trilogy right now, which is a collection of all three books he wrote about his family's years in Corfu. Wonderful, wonderful books.

The sentence is from passage where clever Gerry has worked out a way to get exactly the boy-naturalist supplies he wants for his birthday by targeting the wish lists.

3 comments:

Susie J. said...

LOL... Mine says, "There was no more reason to remain there."

storyteller said...

Sigh! Mine says, "Depression clings to everything" or "Nothing seems worthwhile" (if I don't count the Rudyard Kipling quote at the top of the page).

This is from TRANSITIONS by Julia Cameron and the piece is actually about practicing optimism in the face of adversity.
Hugs and blessings,

Lynn said...

LOL That's exactly why *I* did it too!!