09 December, 2008

Gratitude, or...When I Was a Kid.

When I was a kid, we had to walk to school. In the snow.  Uphill. BOTH ways.  You know the drill... [Actually, my mother totally won this one with "When I was a kid, the snow came up to the second story sometimes. We had to shovel a path.  We STILL walked to school.   It was so cold we couldn't wear rubber snow boots. Ours were FELT." All true, boys and girls.  Rural Sweden during the World War II years.  She didn't see a banana until she was 9, after the war.  That impressed me, and my children.]

It amazes me sometimes what we, and our children, grow accustomed to.  My friend Sheena sent me this link.  Watch, laugh, and remember to be a little bit grateful for all we have today.

7 comments:

m1k1 said...

Excellent. A good laugh.
Thank you to you (and Sheena) for sharing.
Now when I was a girl..... no. maybe not.

AftonB said...

What a wonderful and funny reminder of how blessed we really are. We all laugh but I am the first to admit I get frustrated when technology doesn't work and forget how great it is for it only to take 10 hours to get to my parent's home on the other side of the world.

Yes, we had a rotary phone but the cable was REALLY long. I remember when push button phones were invented. I even remember our first computer, first VCR and our first microwave. Before that, we just heated up leftovers in muffin pans in the oven.

Oh, and thank Sheena too.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that guy before. He's a HOOT (and so true, so true).

LOL

Toni said...

Ha! Ha! That was fabulous!!!

elspeth said...

Hi I enjoyed that link a lot!
And thanks for the idea about the Christmas elf - I like that....
Thanks for poppinb y my Blog, too...
x Elspeth

Lynn said...

that was perfect!!!! My great grandmother had a party line as well as a rotary phone!

I was happy we had a touch tone and was THRILLED when we got redial! It gave us hope that we could be caller 100!

Coke said...

Finally got around to watching this.

On my phone. Too bad the phone was (*&#$ dirty from all my fingerprints on it, or it would have been insanely funny.