19 December, 2008

Sick

Sick, sick, sick. I spoke too soon. After I posted Weds. afternoon, the symptoms came back with a vengeance, and I have been laid out on the couch, shivering and acheing and miserable, coughing. Add to that tossing my cookies violently, after trying to take cough medicine.

Small ones are coughing but fever-free. Both have been angels, and very good about getting their own food, etc. David came home Thursday coughing and shivering, and seems to be 24 hours behind me in symptoms, but without fever. Of course, he got a flu vaccine through work, so we think maybe that has lessened the impact.

Right now, I feel stuffy and achey and nauseous, but that is pretty great compared to before. Thanks to my angel neighbor, who dropped off AlkaSeltzer Cold and Flu on the doorstep after she called this morning to see how we were because I didn't make the school run. I cried tears of joy when David brought me the medicine. I'm not kidding.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yucky!!!! Hope you are feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick, but especially not THIS time of year when everything is so hectic.

Sending healing vibes you way.

Lynn said...

I can't believe you are still feeling so lousy!!! I hope you feel better soon, esp with all that you have planned coming up.

Susie J. said...

ohhhhhh honey. I'm so sorry. Being sick like that just is NOT doable when you're the mommy who holds things together.

I've been feeling icky today (not sure what's up, but I just feel poorly) and I pushed thru anyway until nearly dinner time. Finally my hubby had to take over and let me lay down for a few.

sheena said...

Ohhh You poor thing! How awful for you. I'm glad that David is here and I hope your whole family feels up to par right away.

Rosie said...

Get well soon! I've got it too. Have just crawled out of bed to send Christmas cards and emails (on 23 Decemeber, how dreadful is that?)

Hope you'll all have a wonderful Christmas, despite the germs.

Anonymous said...

Oh Susie, I'm so so sorry. I hope your whole family is well for the holiday. All I could picture were cough medicine laced cookies with red and green sprinkles spewing everywhere! (Sorry, I just had to share that with you.) Much love and holiday blessings to you and yours. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Yep...the golf cart is in the Villages. Not my cup of tea to live there. My Mom lived there. Now my sister's in laws are there.

I live about an hour and a half east of there.