31 December, 2008

New Year's Eve

I wish you all a wonderful New Year's Eve, and a fantastic new year to come. I'm feeling like 2009 will be a good year, and a productive one.

I am so thrilled to be feeling better, finally. This flu completely kicked my butt. I commented to David today, as we had stir-fry for lunch, "It is so nice to have the energy to cook something from scratch again." I even made a start today on the MOUNTAINS of laundry that built up over two weeks of sickness. Three loads down, and six to go.

Our New Year's Eve is going to be lovely and low-key. Lots of nibbly party finger foods, the Looney Tunes DVD set to help us stay awake (small David's idea, after enjoying it so much last year), and then fireworks on the BBC on the big telly. Good times...

Christmas was good - I was still sick then, and slept much of the day, but the kids really enjoyed their presents and David made a lovely ham for Christmas dinner. Kid David's 10th birthday was low-key but nice. He requested Pizza Express for his birthday meal, and we were happy to comply. I cannot believe he is into two digits now. After birthday dinner, we looked at newborn David pictures and squeezed him a lot. He's also grown half an inch this month, as has Lily.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Isn't is amazing how quickly the laundry can get out of hand?!?!?! Even moreso, isn't it amazing how quickly they go into double digits?!?! We did the same with #1 Son, looking at the pictures of them when they were little. Amazing how much they change.

Rosie said...

So glad that you're feeling better; here's to a great 2009!

Bec said...

Maybe I'll send you my laundry too... when you're already doing 9 loads, what's 3 more?
Glad you're all feeling better. Happy New Year!

Toni said...

Wow, I had a mountain of laundry and it's just the two of us. With an entire family....glad to hear you weren't injured in the process. Laundry is vicious!

Glad you're feeling better!