01 March, 2008

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Do any of you have that tradition? On the first of the month, as soon as you wake up, you should say "rabbit rabbit rabbit" for good luck. I think it was my fourth grade teacher who told me that one. The kids find it amusing, though.

Knitting - some progress. I moved the eternal one-row scarf into my purse this afternoon, when I drove David to a birthday party. But I didn't actually do any knitting.

Here's to a more scintillating week ahead. I've "lost my [blogging] mojo" lately, and would love to get it going again. Maybe it's somewhere with the knitting mojo...

3 comments:

Rosie said...

My Mum taught me to say "rabbits" as the very first word I said on the first day of each month. then we heard on the radio tha you were supposed to say "white rabbits" and then someone else told us that you had to say "rabbits" nine times. This was all during the 1960s.

then last week I went to a lecture about rabbits and hares at the Fitzwilliam Museum, and the lecturer told us that in her family you always say "hares" last thing on the last day of the month and "rabbits" the first thing the following day (ie first of the month).

I wonder how this all started? Oh, and I remembered to say "hares" last thing, but didn't say "rabbits until sometime in the afternoon.

Susie J. said...

huh... never heard of that one.

As for knitting mojo... perhaps you should start a pair of socks. Something new and fascinating.

Toni said...

Nope, never heard of that one. Our big "celebrate the first of the month" project is to change the furnace filter. Whew, life in the fast lane! :)