01 November, 2008

NaBloPoMo; 10,000; Blog of the Day

Happy First Day of November, the Festive Day upon which NaBloPoMo commences.  I'm sure I should bake a cake or something, but instead I'll just be taking candy from my children. Two nights' worth of parties and  trunk or treat has provided them with a nice surplus.

Are you doing NaBloPoMo?  Just click the link if you want to be all official about it, and sign up!

10,000 - yes, 10,000. In the world of micro-blogging, I've hit that amazing number of blog hits. I noticed the StatCounter getting really close, and I watched the numbers obsessively. Until I forgot to. So, now the blog's reached the dizzying hit count of 10,030.   Still, it's a pretty neat moment, knowing that my blathering on has been viewed so many times.   I'd like to thank my Gentle Readers, and all those who arrive through Google Search, especially my fellow Simon's Cat fans. Stay a while, look around, and enjoy your visit!

I've had an idea that should give me some good blog fodder this month.  Every day, unless I forget, I'll be highlighting a blog I read, but may not have linked to.  Please feel free to poke fun at me remind me in the Comments  if I do forget.

In honor of those bloggers who knit, crochet, spin, or weave, I offer this link: Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm.  This is an amazing little operation. They raise sheep and goats, and see shares in the flock's fiber production to be able to afford to give the little guys the best living conditions and care possible.  The customer pays for a share, the money goes toward raising the flock, and at the end of the year, the customer gets a portion of gorgeous wools spun from these happy little animals (spinners can request a Spinner's Share, and keep the fun of making the yarn for themselves).  Their latest news is that they will be starting a flock/fiber cooperative in New York's Hudson Valley soon.

If I sound like a bad advertisement, that's because I'm pitching this to my beloved, in case he's ever stuck for an extravagant gift for me.

Check out the blog (linked on their main page) for frequent incredibly cute animal pictures, like this one:

1 comment:

Susie J. said...

My dear friend... you can be SOOOO bad for me sometimes. I've sent the link to that CSA to my hubby. Somehow I doubt he's going to fall for it... errrr, see the light. Yeah, that's what I meant.