08 December, 2008

Christmas Trivia


Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. My little silliness for you....


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees but we have a pre-lit artificial one right now, and I love the lack of shedding needles. I just burn a pine candle and pretend :)

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime early in December

4. When do you take the tree down? On Epiphany (6 Jan), although there was one memorable year it was still up at Eastertime. That would be why I like to take it down earlier these days.  The shame...

5. Do you like eggnog? Yep, even the kind in a can...

6. Favourite gift received as a child? Many, but I remember the year I got a Fisher Price Little People castle and A-frame. That was a VERY good year.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, plus some on the tree. This year, the nice set and the Veggie Tales set have gone AWOL. I hope I find them this week...

8. Hardest person to buy for? Family gift exchange

9. Easiest person to buy for? Lily

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? E-mail, the past few years. I love, love, love getting mailed cards, don't get me wrong. However, I get overwhelmed at the cost of mailing to all our friends and family, and am trying not to feel guilty about cutting out mailed cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? If there was one, I don't know what it was. I don't really care what I get - I just like being here at Christmas, KWIM?

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Lots! A Christmas Story (you'll put your eye out!), Elf, It's a Wonderful Life...

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually November, although I may find something early and put it aside. 

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't know...I might have at some point, but I can't recall off-hand.

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Swedish gingerbread cookies (and anything else in my path)

16. Clear lights or coloured on the tree? I like both - we have clear lights on this tree.

17. Favourite Christmas song? O Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night, Mary Did You Know?, Silver Bells, White Christmas...all of em.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, although home is far away from family...

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher-Dancer-Prancer-Vixen-Comet-Cupid-Donner-Blitzen. And himself...Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. Actually it's a beautiful greenish copper starfish star. Santa brought it when we lived in Monterey.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Pajamas for kids on Christmas Eve, usually, and everything else in the morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The greed in the air, mailing deadlines, feeling guilty about not doing cards.

23. Favourite ornament theme or colour? Exploded Ornament Boxes...I like a LOT of stuff on the tree, and I don't have a color theme. Although we do always have red beaded garlands on the tree.

24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Ham.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Happiness for everyone

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I'm not tagging anyone. Hope you had fun reading!!

2 comments:

Bec said...

And I shall consider myself tagged. I will post my answers on Saturday, which I have decided will be meme/survey/quiz day on my blog.

AftonB said...

I'm glad you did this. What a great way to share it with your friends. I never thought of that!

I remember the Fisher Price A-frame and castle, although I never owned them myself. I was very jealous of the kids that did, though. We had to make do with the Fisher Price Sesame Street Playhouse (which I think is still at my parent's).