12 February, 2009

Snow?!

Wow, just when I thought I was getting to know the cycles of East Anglian weather, it went and started snowing. Again!  This is our second substantial snow in a week, if by substantial you mean 3 inches or more...

David's scheduled playdate with James here has turned into an impromptu sleepover, thanks to the white roads.  PJs and a spare toothbrush have been doled out, and today's clothes are in the washing machine, ready to wear again tomorrow.  I think the odds of school being in session are pretty good, but if not, they will have a BLAST playing in the snow again.

Me, I'm happy that the kids are happy, I'm happy that the snow is so pretty, I'm happy the visa paperwork got turned in today before all the snow arrived, and I'm happy to put my feet up and drink a cuppa.

Snow days...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

It is partly-cloudy and very warm here today (82F/28C). I'm thinking winter is over for us for this year.

Lynn said...

Add in some knitting and I'd be right there with you!! Meanwhile I'm debating putting the a/c on here! It's been warm the past couple of days, but thankfully we'll be getting a cool front go thru and bring us back temps in the low 70s.

Toni said...

AND...more reasons to knit! One must never miss an opportunity to justify more knitting.....:)