19 June, 2008

Stripey Socks and More Adamas

Here's a shot of one of the socks I have been working on, intermittently, for a while now. Lovely stripey yarn. Who loves the stripey yarn? Me! Me! It impresses non-knitters no end. Even some knitters, too!



And this blurry shot is me with the Adamas, for scale. Small D took the shot just as the camera died. I hope the recipient likes it. She is a bit taller than I am, so I think it will at least be a better fit for her :) If I make this again in the same weight of yarn, I will stop at 10 repeats.


4 comments:

Toni said...

Ooh, I love the colorway for those socks!

Thou shalt not covet another knitter's yarn. Thou shalt not covet another knitter's yarn...

Lynn said...

Oh what a beautiful shawl!! Tell little D he did a great job in taking the pic. and the socks are coming out quite nicely too. Yes self striping socks are like magic!

Samantha M. Dowd said...

okay I haven't checked this in forever (my bad) and can I just say I love that shaw!!! omg it's gorgeous!!! how are thing with you? we are doing good.

NicKilty said...

I actually didn't steam mine. I wet a towel and laid it over the dry shawl and ironed directly onto that. Living dangerously, I know.

Thanks for the compliment, yours turned out beautifully!